Temperatures are on the rise in Minnesota, making our homes feel a little uncomfortable — no matter how well controlled the indoor temperature is!
As a renter, you have more control over cooling down your environment than you may think. The best part is, it doesn’t matter if you have access to an AC unit or not (though that always helps, doesn’t it?) G&H Properties has some tips for various ways to keep cool in your rental, all season long.
- Use window blinds to block sunlight.
- Use your ceiling fans often to help air circulate.
- Encourage a cross-breeze by opening windows on multiple sides of your rental.
- Opt for making meals that don’t require the oven or stove.
- Make sure to ventilate your bathroom after showering or bathing by turning on a fan or propping your bathroom window open.
- Ask your landlord or check your lease about rules revolving around window air conditioning units if your rental does not have central air.
Minnesotan summers can get scorching hot, but that doesn’t mean you have to suffer! Make an effort to keep things cool in your rental, and don’t forget to hydrate!
Considering making a move this summer? Contact G&H Properties to learn more about our available rentals!