When it comes time to find a new place to live, you may be wondering whether you should rent an apartment or a house. Both have pros and cons, so it ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences. Here is a closer look at the key differences between apartments and houses so that you can make the best decision for yourself.
- Size: The most obvious difference between a house and an apartment is the amount of square footage available. The average apartment in the US is about 900 sq. ft. A house will generally be a little larger and include a yard which is ideal for children and pets.
- Location: Apartments tend to be closer to shops and restaurants, while homes are usually found in suburban or residential areas. Consider your lifestyle – would you prefer to be within walking distance of the business district, or would you rather be in a quiet neighborhood that requires more driving?
- Amenities and Updates: If you’re looking for a rental that includes all the extras, such as a fitness center, lounge, or heated parking, start searching for apartments. A house will typically have a washer and dryer, so you don’t need to lug clothes around, and the kitchen might be a little larger. Houses also tend to have more character but may not include fancy updates such as granite countertops or stainless-steel appliances.
- Storage: Unless the apartment includes designated storage space, a house will offer more room for all you’ve gathered over the years.
- Privacy and Sound: Do you prefer to live in a community of people you’ll see often and possibly build connections with? Or, are you more comfortable in your own space – happy with the solitude and silence?
If you’re still unsure about the best option for you, contact G&H Properties. We can help you find the perfect rental that fits your needs and wants. With our years of experience in the industry, we know what to look for when it comes to finding a great property. Let us do the hard work for you so that you can relax and enjoy your new home!